Purchase Terms & Conditions
Updated: 9th September 2020
These purchase terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and do not affect the buyer’s statutory rights.
1. General The terms and conditions set forth in this purchase terms and conditions notice (the “Purchase Terms and Conditions”) shall govern the purchase of products and/or services (the “Goods”) from the websites provided by The GC Bridal Lounge, ("The GC Bridal Lounge", The Bridal Lounge, “the Seller”, “us”, “our” or “we”) including www.thebridallounge.com.au, and all subdomains of this website, as well as all services related to such web sites (such web sites and services, collectively, the “Site”). The “Buyer” means the individual or organisation who purchases, or agrees to purchase products and/or services from the Seller. The “Contract” means the contract between the Seller and the Buyer for the sale and purchase of Goods incorporating these Purchase Terms and Conditions. The “Goods” means the products and/or services that the Buyer agrees to purchase from the Seller. By purchasing products and services from the Site, you agree to be bound by these Purchase Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Purchase Terms and Conditions, please do not purchase products and/or services from the Site. 1.1. Should a Buyer’s purchase be carried out on a Linked Site, then that purchase will be subject to the terms and conditions of use applicable to such Linked Site.
2. Conditions The Buyer must be aged 18 or over on the date of entering into a Contract for the purchase of Goods by the Seller. These Purchase Terms and Conditions shall apply to all Contracts for the sale of Goods by the Seller to the Buyer and shall prevail over any other documentation or communication from the Buyer. Acceptance of delivery of the Goods or payment of deposit shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer’s acceptance of these Purchase Terms and Conditions. Any variation to these Purchase Terms and Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be not applicable unless agreed to in writing by the Seller.
3. Orders Orders must be submitted to the Seller via the check-out system provided on the Site or via email or recorded over the phone with Seller. Any orders received by email, telephone, mail or fax will not be accepted by the Seller, unless by prior arrangement. It is the Buyers responsibility to ensure accurate and applicable personal and contact details are supplied at the time of order. All orders for Goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Goods pursuant to these Purchase Terms and Conditions and are subject to acceptance by the Seller. After an order and payment is received, the Seller shall confirm the order via email which constitutes the Seller’s acceptance of the Buyer’s offer. Confirmation emails and receipt of monies received and shall be sent from the Seller to Buyer. The minimum amount of time required to produce the Goods and the event date will be agreed to by the Buyer and Seller and will be specified in writing in the confirmation email. In the event the specified fabric or Goods ordered by the Buyer are not available, the Buyer shall be notified as soon as possible and given the option to either: 1) wait until the Goods are available, or; 2) receive a replacement product of similar style and price, or; 3) receive a refund within 30 days, or; 4) cancel the order. We reserve the right to replace fabric with very similar alternative fabrics of the same quality and properties. 3.1. Rush Orders: In extreme circumstances, time-frames may be reduced for rush orders at the Seller’s discretion, but the order may be subject to additional charges to be borne by the Buyer. Rush orders can only be stipulated at the time of order placement. The Seller reserves the right not to accept any order for any reason, including insufficient time between the date of order placement and the Buyer’s event/wedding date. 3.2. Specified make times refer to the time from when the Seller receives the Buyers heel height. The GC Bridal Lounge cannot proceed to make the Buyers’ pattern until Seller has received heel height measurement.
4. "Design your Own or custom gowns" “Design your Own” gowns are created in consultation with the Buyer and The GC Bridal Lounge Designer, Kate Gubanyi, or a suitably experienced staff member of The GC Bridal Lounge. Important and desired design elements must be specified at the time of design mock up. The Seller will not be responsible for any missing design elements should the Buyer fail to express specific design requests after mock-up has been agreed to by Buyer. 4.1. "Design your own" gowns will incur a minimum $50 fee per design change after initial design consultation and approval of the digital mock up of the front and back of the gown. The seller reserves the right not to change the gown in any way after the design mock has been approved via email or text message. 4.2. “Design your own” gowns are made to order and therefore refunds, exchanges or replacements are not offered for "Design your Own", "custom made" or "made to order" goods. 4.3. Deposits for "Design your own" gowns are non-refundable. 4.4. Requests to replicate designer gowns cannot be copied in every aspect. These gowns will be designer inspired and are not copies. We do not and cannot copy every design aspect. Should a Buyer supply a photograph/picture of a gown, not every design aspect will be copied. Design will be inspired by said photograph/picture to create a unique gown for the Buyer. 4.5. "Design your own" gowns may be used for marketing purposes. We reserve the right to sell this design after the original has been produced. We may use "Design your own" bridal gowns for very brief studio photo shoots. Gowns will be worn once by a model for less than 10 minutes. Resulting photographs will be used on social media, The GC Bridal Lounge website and in less likely circumstances, print media. 4.6. During production time, questions asked of the Buyer by the Seller regarding the design process, whether they be via email, phone or text must be answered within 24 hours. If no response is received within this time-frame the Seller will make the best judgement on the Buyers behalf as we cannot delay production. 4.7. In some cases, the Seller may offer a buy back for an amount determined by the Seller and offered to the Buyer. Seller reserves the right to make buy back offers on case by case
5. Deposits and Payment The Seller accepts deposits and payments made via PayPal, bank transfer (by prior arrangement) or credit card. Payment of the deposit amount of an order must be made before an order will be confirmed and processed. 5.1. The deposit is non-refundable if the Buyer decides thereafter at any stage to not proceed with the purchase.5.1. Deposits paid are non refundable as we purchase and allocate fabric at time of purchase. If you have indicated to us that you may wish to break your contract and want to cancel your gown, then to continue making your bridal gown, we will require a progress payment, which you can decline to make if you do not wish to proceed with your gown. We will get in touch with you to see if you would like us to continue making your gown after this indication. Alternatively, please notify us in writing via email if you would like to cancel your order.
5.2. Bank transfers and credit card payments may involve any amount as deposit but must meet the minimum deposit amount as advised at the time of transaction.
5.3. Buyers who make payment via PayPal are redirected from the Site to a secure PayPal site. Buyers are not required to have an account with PayPal to make payment. Once payment has been made, PayPal issues the Buyer with a receipt via email, and the Buyer will be redirected back to the Site. Buyers may be asked by PayPal to supply certain information relevant to their purchase, including the Buyer’s credit card number, the expiration date of the Buyer’s credit card, the Buyer’s billing address, and Buyer’s shipping information.
6. Prices and Shipping The Seller reserves the right to adjust the price of any Goods on the Site at its discretion without notice. All prices displayed on the Site are quoted in Australian dollars (AU$), inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST). The Seller shall not be liable to anyone for adjusting the prices of any Goods on the Site. All pricing is subject to change up until the time the Buyer places an order and completes payment. 6.1 Shipping: The Seller offers FREE Standard shipping within Australia. Express shipping can be requested by the Buyer and paid for at the Buyer's expense. 6.2. International Shipping: All shipping charges to destinations outside Australia will be borne by the Buyer. Buyers who reside outside of Australia accept liability for any standard shipping charges, foreign currency exchange variations, stamp duties, import duties, customs charges and taxes applicable to the country in which they reside.
7. Warranty The Seller shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage including loss of profit or any other form of compensation to anyone resulting from the supply of damaged or defective Goods. The Buyer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify the Seller via email within 48 hours of delivery if the Goods are damaged, defective or do not comply with the specifications on the Buyer's order. Photographic evidence should be attached to the email where possible to substantiate all damage and defect claims. If the Buyer fails to notify the Seller of damage or defects within 48 hours of delivery, the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods in good condition and the sale is final. 7.1. Re-inspection: Goods that have been approved for return for re-inspection by the Seller must be returned to the Seller at the Buyer’s expense and should be adequately insured during the return journey. The onus is upon the Buyer to ensure the safe return of goods to the Seller. A ‘Return Authorisation Number’ (RAN), will be provided by the Seller, and should be clearly written on the outside of the packaging. Goods must be returned in their original condition and free of alterations. The Goods must not be worn or show any signs of wear, including make-up marks, fake tan, smelling of smoke, body odour or perfume. The Goods must be packed and returned to the Seller in the original packaging. Goods not packaged adequately, showing any signs of wear, alterations, are washed or are wilfully damaged will not be accepted. 7.2. Goods must be received by the Seller within 10 days of the Buyer’s receipt of the Goods. If the Goods are confirmed to be damaged or defective upon re-inspection by the Seller, the Buyer will be notified as soon as possible and given the option to either: 1) receive an exchange or replacement, or; 2) receive a refund within 30 days.
8. Refunds, Exchanges and Replacements Refunds, exchanges or replacements will only be offered after consultation and approved by Seller and under the following circumstances: 1. If the goods become unavailable and the order cannot be fulfilled within a reasonable time-frame. 2. If the goods received by the Buyer are damaged or defective. 3. If the goods do not comply with the specifications on the Buyer's order. 8.1. Refunds, exchanges or replacements are not offered for “Veils”, “Custom Veils”, "Design your Own", "custom made" or "made to order" goods 8.2. All refunds must be approved by the Seller and will be made within 30 days after receipt of the goods by the Seller 8.3. Exchanges or replacements must be approved by Seller and may adhere to order timeframes 8.4 Process for Returning Goods for Refund, Exchange or Replacement: 8.4.1. Notification via email must be received from the Buyer within 48 hours of receipt of the goods that the goods (a). do not comply with the specifications on the Buyer's order, or (b). that the goods are damaged or defective. Photographic evidence must accompany the email notification to substantiate any defects or damage. 8.4.2. Buyer notification will be reviewed by Seller, a Return Authorisation Number will be communicated from the Seller to the Buyer via email. All returns are at the expense of the Buyer and should be adequately insured for the return journey. All returns must be received by The GC Bridal Lounge within 10 days of receipt of goods by the Buyer, otherwise they will not be accepted. 8.4.3. All returned goods will be reinspected within 3 business days. If the Goods are confirmed to be non-compliant with the specifications on the Buyer's order, damaged or defective upon re-inspection by the Seller, the Seller reserves the right to replace or exchange the goods as originally ordered within a reasonable time frame. 8.4.4. Goods which are returned to The GC Bridal Lounge without a RAN clearly marked on the outer packaging will not be accepted. Goods must be returned in their original condition and free of alteration. The Goods must not be worn or show any signs of wear, including make-up marks, fake tan, smelling of smoke, body odour or perfume. The Goods must be packed and returned to the Seller in the original packaging. Goods not packaged adequately, showing signs of wear, alterations, are washed or is wilfully damaged will not be accepted. 8.4.5. Unaccepted returned goods will be sent back to the Buyer at the Buyer's expense. 8.4.6. All refunds must be approved by the Seller and will be made within 30 days after receipt of the goods by the Seller. 8.4.7. Refunds, exchanges or replacements are not offered for "Design your Own", "custom made" or "made to order" goods.
9. Products and Product Descriptions The Seller reserves the right to withdraw any Goods from the Site at any time. The Seller shall not be liable to anyone for withdrawing any Goods from the Site or for refusing to process an order. Whilst all care is taken, the Seller does not guarantee that product descriptions or other content on this Site will always be 100% accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free, including descriptions and images. The Seller reserves the right, with or without prior notice, to change such descriptions, images, and references, to limit the available quantity of any product to honour, or impose conditions on the honouring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions. 9.1. Fabric colours and materials may vary slightly from those shown on the Site. Colours may vary due to settings on computers and monitors, and it is therefore impossible to guarantee an exact colour match. 9.2. Garments available for sale on the Site are custom-made and embellished by hand. The finished Goods may vary slightly from the design shown on the Site, and therefore, whilst all care is taken, no guarantee will be given that finished Goods will be an exact or perfect replica of the product image shown on the Site.
10. Cancellations If the Buyer decides at any stage to not proceed with the order the deposit is non-refundable. 10.1. Should the Buyer wish to cancel their order and Buyers gown is at post-production stage, the Buyer must contact email@example.com to discuss the circumstances surrounding the cancellation. Seller reserves the right to offer alternative options to Buyer on case by case.
11.Measurements The Buyer assumes full responsibility for the accuracy of measurements and sizing information provided to the Seller. The Seller holds no responsibility for inaccurate measurements provided by the Buyer or the Buyer’s personal measurements changing for any reason whatsoever.
12. Alterations The Seller will not be responsible for the costs of any garment alterations required by the Buyer. The Seller accepts no responsibility for faults, damage, change of mind or otherwise once the gown has been altered.
13. Changes to Terms and Conditions The Seller shall be entitled to alter these Purchase Terms and Conditions at any time but this right shall not affect the existing terms and conditions accepted by a Buyer upon making a prior purchase.
14.Force Majeure The Seller shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of ‘God’, natural disasters, strikes, lockouts, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery, shortage and/or unavailability of raw materials from a source of supply, or mishandling by third party delivery company, and the Seller shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
15. Copyright and Trademark Notice This Website is operated by The GC Bridal Lounge. Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of The GC Bridal Lounge. 15.1. You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of shopping or placing an order on this site and for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without The GC Bridal Lounge’s prior written permission. 15.2. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorised use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
For further information regarding our Purchase Terms and Conditions, please contact us.
The GC Bridal Lounge Admiralty Drive Surfers Paradise, Australia Phone: 0408 000 661 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: www.thebridallounge.com.au